An Arkansas 30 Day Notice to Vacate is an official lease termination letter written for tenants with no lease that pay rent monthly or to end a month-to-month tenancy. This letter is provided to either party at least thirty (30) calendar days before the end of the following rental period.
When to Use an Arkansas 30 Day Notice to Vacate
A landlord or a tenant may use an Arkansas 30-Day Notice to Vacate to end a month-to-month tenancy as required by law. This notice may also be used for tenants with no written lease that pay rent monthly.
How to Write an Arkansas 30 Day Notice to Vacate
For a lease termination notice to be legally compliant:
- State who the legal letter is addressed to (use full name of the receiving party).
- Include the termination date of the lease or tenancy.
- Fill in the full address of the rental premises.
- For tenants, provide your new address and an updated phone number.
- Sign the notice and print your name.
- For landlords, include contact information, such as address and phone number.
- Complete the certificate of service by indicating the date and method of notice delivery along with printed name and signature.
Without this information on the notice, a judge may not be able to proceed with legal action.
How to Serve an Arkansas 30 Day Notice to Vacate
A landlord or a tenant may deliver lease termination notices in Arkansas using any of the below acceptable methods:
- Handing the notice to the other party in person;
- Handing the notice to a person who can accept the legal letter on behalf of the other party;
- Mailing the notice by certified or registered mail with a return receipt.
When sending the notice by certified or registered mail, add three (3) additional days to the notice period to account for variability in post office delivery times.