An Arizona 10 Day Notice to Terminate Tenancy is an official lease termination letter written to terminate a week-to-week lease or for tenants with no written lease that pay rent weekly. This letter is provided to either party at least ten (10) calendar days before the end date specified in the notice.
When to Use an Arizona 10 Day Notice to Terminate Tenancy
An Arizona 10 Day Notice to Terminate Tenancy is a lease termination letter used by the landlord or the tenant to terminate a week-to-week lease. This notice may also be used for tenants with no written lease that pay rent weekly.
How to Write an Arizona 10 Day Notice to Terminate Tenancy
For a lease termination notice to be legally compliant:
- State who the legal letter is addressed to (use full name of the receiving party).
- Include the termination date of the lease or tenancy.
- Fill in the full address of the rental premises.
- For tenants, provide your new address and an updated phone number.
- Sign the notice and print your name.
- For landlords, include contact information, such as address and phone number.
- Complete the certificate of service by indicating the date and method of notice delivery along with printed name and signature.
Without this information on the notice, a judge may not be able to proceed with legal action.
How to Serve an Arizona 10 Day Notice to Terminate Tenancy
A landlord or a tenant may deliver lease termination notices in Arizona using any of the below acceptable methods:
- Handing the notice to the other party in person;
- Handing the notice to a person who can accept the legal letter on behalf of the other party;
- Mailing the notice by certified or registered mail with a return receipt.
When sending the notice by certified or registered mail, add five (5) additional calendar days to the notice period or the number of days until the notice is received by the Tenant, whichever occurs first , as required by law.