An Arizona lease termination notice form is an official legal letter delivered to either the tenant or the landlord informing them that the tenancy is ending. If rent is paid monthly, then at least 30 days notice must be provided before the tenancy can end.
Types of Arizona Lease Termination Notice Forms
|10 Day Notice to Terminate Tenancy||Week-to-Week Lease|
|30 Day Notice to Vacate||Month-to-Month Lease / No Lease|
Arizona 10 Day Notice to Terminate Tenancy
An Arizona 10 Day Notice to Terminate Tenancy form is used by the landlord or the tenant to end a week-to-week tenancy. This notice may also be used for tenants with no written lease that pay rent weekly. There is no option to continue the arrangement and either party may provide the notice at least ten (10) calendar days prior to the termination date set forth in the notice.
Arizona 30 Day Notice to Vacate
An Arizona 30 Day Notice to Vacate form is used by either party to end a month-to-month tenancy or for tenants with no written lease that pay rent monthly. This lease termination letter is provided to either party at least thirty (30) calendar days before the end of the following rental period.
How to Write a Lease Termination Notice in Arizona
For a lease termination notice to be legally compliant:
- State who the legal letter is addressed to (use full name of the receiving party).
- Include the termination date of the lease or tenancy.
- Fill in the full address of the rental premises.
- For tenants, provide your new address and an updated phone number.
- Sign the notice and print your name.
- For landlords, include contact information, such as address and phone number.
- Complete the certificate of service by indicating the date and method of notice delivery along with printed name and signature.
Without this information on the notice, a judge may not be able to proceed with legal action.
How to Calculate Expiration Date in Arizona
If the notice is for terminating a week-to-week tenancy, a lease termination notice may be provided by either party at least ten (10) calendar days before the end date specified in the notice.
A 30 Day Notice to Vacate is delivered to either party at least thirty (30) calendar days prior to the end of the following rental period.
How to Serve a Lease Termination Notice in Arizona
A landlord or a tenant may deliver lease termination notices in Arizona using any of the below acceptable methods:
- Handing the notice to the other party in person;
- Handing the notice to a person who can accept the legal letter on behalf of the other party;
- Mailing the notice by certified or registered mail with a return receipt.
When sending the notice by certified or registered mail, add five (5) additional calendar days to the notice period or the number of days until the notice is received by Tenant, whichever occurs first , as required by law.