Highlights. Statistics indicate that Zillow Group continues to build revenue despite financial declines and downsizing, with a 128.13% average annual increase in revenue since 2017.
- 48.11% of real estate website traffic is on Zillow.
- Zillow has 135 million properties listed in its database.
- 67% of U.S. homes have been viewed on Zillow.com regardless of their market status.
- Zillow users view 420 million homes per month on mobile devices.
Zillow Company Statistics
On Google, more people enter the search term “Zillow” than “real estate.”.
- Zillow Group, Inc.’s annual revenue was $8.15 billion for 2021.
- The company’s gross profit was $1.75 billion.
- Annual reported sales growth in 2021 was 18.99%.
- Zillow’s annual sales growth peaked in 2021, growing 143.99%.
- Zillow has a $7.22 billion market rate cap.
- The market cap decreased by 25.96% from July 2019 to September 2022.
- Zillow employed 5,791 as of September 2022.
- The company has maintained at least 10% of the industry’s total addressable market and revenue opportunities since its founding.
- 51.0% of Zillow’s workforce is male, while leadership and management positions are 63.0% male.
- 59.0% of the company’s workforce is white, while leadership and management positions are 74.0% white.
Zillow.com launched in 2006, predating Zillow Group by 8 years.
- Zillow.com receives 93.2 million unique visitors per month.
- The average user spends 6 minutes and 21 seconds on Zillow.com per visit
- Users look at an average of 16.33 pages per visit.
- 37.17% of Zillow.com traffic is from a search engine.
- 93.49% of Zillow’s search engine referrals are organic referrals (as opposed to paid advertisements).
- 3 of the Top 12 most-visited real estate websites belong to Zillow Group.
- Among these Top 12 websites, 46.6% of their collective traffic goes to Zillow.com.
- 54.12% of Top 10 traffic goes to a Zillow Group brand.
- Real estate websites collectively record over 721 million monthly visits.
- 234 million unique users accessed Zillow last year.
Zillow Mobile Applications
Zillow’s mobile applications, or “apps,” continue to grow in users.
- 58.46% of Zillow visits come from mobile users.
- Users view 157 homes per second on Zillow mobile apps.
- The Zillow app has been downloaded over 10 million times on GooglePlay.
- 6.5 million Apple users give the app 4.8 stars out of 5.
- Every Zillow app has a user score of 4 stars or above.
Zillow User & Buyer Statistics
Despite elimination of its iBuyer program, Zillow remains an important tool for homeowners, buyers, and shoppers.
- 95% of people interested in buying a home research the process online first.
- 51% of home buyers find their home online.
- 28% of home buyers find their home through their realtor.
- Zillow apps and websites log over 10.2 billion visits in a year.
- 18% of Zillow Group’s visitors indicate that they intend to buy a home.
- 3% of visitors purchase a home; 6% become renters.
- 73% of renters looking for accommodation in the U.S. used online resources during their search.
- Up to 87% of buyers still want to work with an agent.
Zillow Programs & Subsidiaries
Zillow Group is the parent to companies and various business segments, such as Zillow Homes and Zillow Research, and acquisitions are now operating under the Zillow brand.
- Zillow Home Loans (formerly Mortgage Lenders of America)is a matching service for prospective home-buyers and lenders.
- Zillow Research gives individuals and real estate companies/professionals access to Zillow’s data and statistics.
- Bridge Interactive is just for real estate professionals and brokers, offering software and technology solutions for data management.
- Zillow Rentals connects would-be renters to landlords and property managers.
In addition to Zillow Rentals, Zillow has acquired multiple online rental listing companies that still operate as independent entities.
- 9.2 million leases are executed yearly, while 6.9 million homes are sold.
- 81% of renters indicate they hope to own a home someday.
- 57% of renters cannot afford a home.
- Trulia, once Zillow’s greatest rival, is now a Zillow brand with 21.66 million unique visitors each month.
- HotPads has 3.29 million unique visitors per month.
- Acquisitions Streeteasy and NakedApartments are exclusive to New York City.
- OutEast caters to upscale prospective second home-buyers in the Hamptons.
Zillow Home Loans
In the U.S., the mortgage industry represents $155 billion in annual revenue or 2.0% of real estate transactions.
- 69% of homebuyers acquire a mortgage.
- 87% of homes purchased* in the U.S. are financed with mortgage debt.
- 57% of buyers with a mortgage said one of their top concerns was misunderstanding the mortgage process.
- 15% of buyers with a mortgage use an online financer like Zillow Home Loans.
- Zillow Home Loans operates in 46 states and jurisdictions.
- 3% is the minimum down payment.
*Some buyers use mortgages for multiple homes; some purchases are second homes, third homes, etc.
Selling on Zillow
Homeowners and real estate professionals use Zillow to evaluate and advertise homes.
- Zillow generated 16.9 million leads for agent advertisers in one year.
- 2 million real estate professionals have listings on Zillow.
- 92,366 are Zillow Premier Agents.
- 80 million homes on Zillow have been updated by users.
- United States Securities and Exchange Commission, Form 10-K: Zillow Group, Inc.
- Google Finance, NASDAQ: Zillow Group Inc Class A
- Statista, Real Estate Property Services: Monthly Popular Real Estate Websites in the United States as of October 2021, Based on Unique Monthly Visits
- Dun&Bradstreet Business Directory, Zillow Group, Inc.
- SimilarWeb, Zillow.com: November 2021 Overview
- National Association of Realtors (NAR), Aspiring Home Buyers Profile
- NAR, Quick Real Estate Statistics
- Bridge Interactive
- DMR Business Statistics, Zillow Statistics: User Counts and Facts
- Google Play
- Apple App Store
- Market Capitalization of Zillow
- National Association of REALTORS® 2019 PROFILE OF HOME BUYERS AND SELLERS
- Zillow Home Loans